Lonely Planet: The world’s leading Go back and forth guide publisher
Lonely Planet Italy is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Wander through chariot-grooved streets in Pompeii, sample the abundant varieties of wine and olives as you tour Tuscany, or toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain in Rome; all with your trusted Go back and forth companion. Get to the heart of Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Italy Go back and forth Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images all through
- Highlights and itineraries assist you to tailor your commute to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding Go back and forth experience – including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, cuisine, wine, customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 136 colour maps.
- Covers Rome, Turin, Piedmont, the Italian Riviera, Milan, the Lakes, Dolomites, Venice, Emilia-Romagna, Florence, Tuscany, Umbria, Abruzzo, Naples, Campania, Puglia, Sicily, Sardinia and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on a particular Italian city? Take a look at our relevant Lonely Planet city guides for comprehensive looks at what each city has to offer; or check out our relevant Pocket guides, handy-sized guides focused on the can’t-miss sights for quick city visits.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading Go back and forth media company and the world’s number one Go back and forth guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You’ll be able to also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore each day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to actually get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Go back and forth Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, reasonably simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s in all places, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to Go back and forth the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)