Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Spain 2019 is the perfect guidebook for those on the lookout for insider tips to make the most out their visit to Madrid, Barcelona, and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Spain Go back and forth guide will help you plan your travel with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the exciting countries in Europe.
Spain remains one of the vital world’s most popular tourist destinations for its state of the art cuisine and superior wine, festivals like the running of the bulls in Pamplona, world-class museums like the Museo del Prado, amazing architecture, exciting soccer league, and more. In stunning full-color, Fodor’s Essential Spain 2019 puts the best the country has to offer at your fingertips.
Fodor’s Essential Spain 2019 includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Updated every year, this edition of Fodor’s Essential Spain offers fully updated coverage of cities, neighborhoods, must-see attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, beaches, and more. Fodor’s writers have scoured the country to showcase the best new hotels and restaurants at different price points and categories.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide captures the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions all the way through Spain to inspire you.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND DETAILED MAPS: A handy PULLOUT map of Spain will help you navigate on the go. Full-color and full-size street maps all the way through will help you plan efficiently and get around hopefully.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Full-color photos will help inspire you. Stunning, full-color illustrated features illuminate Spain’s highlights: Gaudi’s architecture, Spanish tapas, flamenco, the Alhambra, Basque culture, El Camino de Santiago, the Museo del Prado, and Spain’s historic hotels. Food spotlights will introduce you to must-try dishes in each region and beach spotlights help you choose the best beaches.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Multiple sample itineraries will help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Our recommendations for Top Museums, Architecture, Beaches, and Hiking, in conjunction with FAQs make planning simple. Convenient overviews present each region and its highlights, and chapter planning sections have savvy advice for making the most of your time and getting around by car, bus, and train. A convenient Go back and forth Times by Train map helps you plan trips within Spain.
- •COVERS: Madrid, Barcelona, Catalonia, Andalusia, Valencia, Bilbao, La Rioja wine country, the Basque Country, San Sebastian, Seville, Granada, Santiago de Compostela, Cordoba, Toledo, the Pyrenees, Ibiza, and more.
ABOUT FODOR’S AUTHORS: Each Fodor’s Go back and forth Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting other destinations in Europe? Take a look at Fodor’s Essential Italy and Fodor’s Essential France.