In the UK, there are a lot of minibuses on the street. Although this are small buses, they can still carry up to 17 people. They are usually used as airport shuttle, at homes, schools, resorts and other public places. The mini bus makes up for more than half of quality buses you can find in the UK.
Here are the different types of mini-bus insurance policies for you to choose from.
- Private Insurance: You should get this insurance if you use your mini bus for recreational purposes, because you can get a lot of benefit from this policy. You can ask your insurer for more details.
- School insurance: This is a very important insurance policy that covers minibuses used by schools and colleges. making sure that the lives of all the young students are better protected and secured in the unfortunate event of an accident or perhaps a roadside breakdown of the mini-bus on a school run or school trip.
III. Minibus and insurance: We all know that it’s a requirement to have your mini bus insured, and since the minibuses are flexible, you might find it difficult to choose the right type of insurance policy to use. One thing you should know is that you shouldn’t get a regular insurance policy for your bus, because, a standard insurance policy can only cover 9 people and a mini bus can accommodate as much as 17 people. So, a standard insurance policy can’t get enough coverage for everyone.
Popularity: The minibus is practical, that’s why the popularity is on the rise. They have a lot more space to carry more people than ordinary cars, and their seats are designed to be tipped up or reclined based on the seating positions. Also, the minibuses can be used for social, commercial and even family events.
- Public hire mini bus insurance: This policy is suitable for those that use their minibus for commercial purposes, like airport taxis. There is also Commercial insurance which is appropriate for those who use their minibus for their staffs or clients.
- Charity insurance: This insurance policy is for those that use their minibuses for charity or run a non-profit organization. This type of insurance will fit their needs perfectly.
Here are some of the characteristics of minibus insurance.
- Theft or fire: This type of insurance policy is used in case of theft or if for some reasons the vehicle caught fire.
- Third party: This is another insurance policy that covers you against the expense related to damage or injury caused by a third party.
III. Comprehensive: This insurance policy offers protection against damages due to falling object, fire, natural disasters and so on.
So, if you have a minibus a mini bus or you’re thinking of getting one, make sure you apply for any of this types of insurance policies, it very easy to get insured because so many providers are available, just make sure you choose the right one that’s suitable for the purpose in which the mini bus is purchased.